CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Sleeping in the Sun












Hi!! Okay, I'm back!!! Cody is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I rode him again today bareback trotting too. It was so fun! He is a really good boy and is pretty much bomb-proof. In the pictures from yesterday there is a woman and a man. They live a road away with 2 horses also from Pee Wee. I hate that place. ugh. Anyway, my mom asked if they could help us with our electric fence that we now newly have so they came over and she gave me a bunch of tips and stuff. (and fixed the fence...lol) And she helped me get on him. (he was already ridden a few times by little people who didn't know how to ride a horse before I got him) Also, he never learned or was never taught how to pick up his back hooves so she gave me this REALLY good tip about how to make it easier and we practiced it today and yesterday. (Melissa-she's sort of like Jean to you...) She said I could come over anytime and ride with her on the trails or just see her horses and stuff. YAY! AND, Hilda, our general manager at our restaurant was at some store and she got a western saddle for free for Tobias. The guy said she could have it for free if he could have some Pork Shanks at our Oktoberfest which is in 4 days!!! OOH!!! I am sooo excited for the Oktoberfest!! Melissa and I are going to be selling german things. So, just now I put Cody in the E.F. paddock(Electric Fence) and first he grazed a little but then I looked out the window and he was lying down!! It was sooo cute. He also sleeps lying down in his regular pasture. I read that a horse only lies down to sleep if it feels safe, so apparently, he does!! lol He gets out of his pasture at night though. The first night and last night he did, but tomorrow Kevin(a guy who mows the lawn at our restaurant sometimes and stuff) is putting up his real fence. more info later!!

10 commentios:

Gudl said...

That is so funny! He lies there like a big dog!! But you can tell, he feels safe and is happy. That is great! He has a cute face, too.

Anonymous said...

That's so cool! I'm surprised he lies down. Daisy only does in her stall at night, and I'm surprised at that because there isn't even a full door. They normally only lie down when they have another horse to watch over them. Wow!

Rachel said...

I don't think I've ever seen a horse lying down like that. I'm glad he feels safe and happy!

Anonymous said...

He's such a pretty boy! Wait, so, what do you do to pick his feet?

Anika said...

Mellimouse- He's fine with picking up his front hooves, but the back, we can't pick yet. But luckily, he doesn't have a lot of dirt or anything in them at all. The tip the woman gave me is that you put a lead rope around the bottom of the leg and the tug a little at the lead and say "lift" or "hoof" or something. It helps a lot!

Anonymous said...

Das sind ja tolle Bilder von Cody, pretty nice!Und er schient sich ja wirklich wohl zu fuehlen auf "seiner" Wiese!!

Priscilla said...

SO is he staying at your house now? Is there some sort of shelter for him?

Germanone93 said...

horse...cool that ur having fun

Anika said...

Priscilla- He is at our house now, but we haven't had anyone build the run-in yet. There will be one up soon!

Anonymous said...

I like the slide! It's cute. Can't wait to see more pics and videos ;-).